Rotaract SSCBS is the youth chapter of Rotary International, which is a global network of 1.2 million leaders and problem-solvers who unite and take action to create long lasting change.
“Our vision is to move the youth to action, to create sustainable change with the impact. “
What we do:
Apart from regular short term activities, Rotaract SSCBS focuses on long term social service. There exist two projects that the team is currently working on.
- Project Uthaan runs on the ideal of rising by lifting others, stresses on the upliftment of the various slum communities in the proximity of the college. The major focus is on addressing issues related to illiteracy, sanitation, menstrual hygiene, social taboos and unemployment in these areas.
- Project Srijan revolves around e-waste management. The chapter collaborates with RWAs, schools, colleges and local shops to conduct collection drives and spread awareness about the disastrous effects of e-waste. The mission of the project is to formalise and empower the informal recycling sector and to educate the masses on the importance of proper e-waste management.
- Rotaract SSCBS is also working towards building a project around Sustainable Development Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production. The project aims at spreading awareness about menstrual hygiene and solving the problem of the environmental hazards that improper disposal of sanitary napkins causes.
Recent accolades and Achievements:
The rotaract club of shaheed sukhdev college of business studies aims at bringing about social change and addressing contemporary issues.
Founded in November 2018, the club has added quite a few feathers in its hat, which are:
● Best rotaract club of RID 3012 (January, 2019)
● Silver club award
● Best club (institution based)
FOLLOW US ON:
Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/rotaractsscbs/